Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Replacing the lower level support posts
Before. After I took this photo I cut out part of the 2x4 wall (top plate and bottom plate) to expose the steel beam and the concrete floor.
After I cut out the section of the wall, I found there was a hollow in the concrete. I mixed up some cement patch compound and filled it in.
Marc, cutting the posts to length. The base plates were welded to the posts in the shop and the posts were slightly long, so they could be cut to length on site.
Drilling the holes to fasten the bottom plate.
Welding the first post.
This is the post after it was welded, before the slag is chipped off.
And this is the post after it was primed.
This is the after photo, with both posts in place.
Posted at 12:12:00 p.m.