Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Last panel work

So I had four more circuits to connect to the panel. I completed that today.

This is the before photo. There are two 20A circuits to connect - those are the yellow wires hanging down on the right side (in front of the breaker panel), and two 15A circuits - those are the white wires hanging down on the right side.

On the left side, you can see the coils of wire for the phone connections and the network connections. Yes, there is a lot of extra wire! The DSL modem and the wireless router is hanging down on the left too.

This is after the circuits were connected. Also, I tidied up the phone, internet and video cables on the left side. The modem and the router are plugged into the new plug (bottom left) which frees up the mandatory utility outlet which is just below the huge 100A on/off switch.

Also, note that there is now a light at the panel area, which is really nice to have.

This is what the panel looks like with the doors closed. Nice and tidy, isn't it?

What you can't see is that there is about a 1/2 inch gap at the bottom of the doors and a larger opening at the top, to promote airflow so there is no heat buildup in the cabinet.

My neck is really sore from all the looking up that I was doing today, so I am taking the evening off and trying to loosen up the tight muscles with a heating pad (Magic Bag which was a gift from my sister Mary, I believe).

And with this post, I am all caught up with my backlog of photos. :)

No comments: