Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Million Dollar Storm

The first winter storm is OVER!

Pano - December 10th, 2009

I took this panorama this morning before I took the dogs for a walk. We got something on the order of 20 cm of snow. You can see the lake is still open in places (might need to click on the photo to see the full size version). The press is reporting that the snow clearing for this storm cost a million dollars, as if it's a big deal or something. Well, that cost was budgeted so it was expected - I think they just like to throw big numbers around.

The really tricky part was that although the snow had stopped falling, the wind was pretty strong and created a lot of drifting. I had to call for the road to get plowed when I came home. Someone had made a path down the road before the snow plow went down the road.

At least it wasn't cold (like it is out west), except for the wind.

No comments: