Friday, December 11, 2009

Making soup

So I decided to make a batch of vegetable soup. The comments for the recipe I chose said "filled up both my crock pots", so I figured I would need to use our big stock pot.

This is our big stock pot, after all the peeling and cutting and chopping. It includes carrots, celery, green onions, green peppers, cabbage, squash, parsley, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, chicken stock, and zucchini. Except for the tomatoes and the garlic, everything else was fresh. The squash was the last thing I put on top, and that was before the addition of the tomatoes and chicken stock.

Freda said "oh my, that pot isn't big enough". So we divided the contents up into another, and then another, and then another pot, so we ended up with four pots of soup.

That is a lot of soup! I also added salt and pepper, and white peppercorns and some chili too. It wasn't ready in time for supper last night, so we ended up having something else. I had it for supper tonight and it was quite yummy.

The downside is that there is so much soup that we don't have room for it in the fridge. We put quite a bit in the fridge, but the rest we put in containers outside, since it is below zero quite handily right now...

No comments: