Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody! Freda and I went over to some friends to ring in the new year, but I was so tired that I started dozing off around 10pm so we came home and I had no problem falling asleep right away. This was probably the first time that I wasn't awake at midnight on January 1st since I was about 8 or something!!

January 1st, 2006

This is Freda checking out the paint colours in the great room. Unfortunately, the colours didn't look right today, maybe the light made everything look too orangey. Freda has started looking at her vast selection of paint colours once again.

Our driveway was so icy that we couldn't drive up it. We anticipated that so I spread some sand out on the drive. Hopefully that will help things.

Drywall flames. One of the boarders showed their creativity with a scrap of drywall.

We have been able to get the humidity in the house down so now we can have the trim and the interior doors delivered. That should be this week.



Note all the sound insulation around the bathtub/shower area. This will help keep any showering noise from waking up people in the adjacent bedrooms.

Here you can see the plywood cover that Dave built to protect the tub during construction. The drywall installers have temporarily stored their step ladders on top of it here in the main bathroom.

No comments: