Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Deer in the back yard

It is supposed to get to 16C today! That will put an end to almost all of the snow, I think...

March 12, 2010
A nice photo of some deer in the neighbour's back yard. Freda took this photo from the car - it really turned out nicely. Maybe I'll post this one on the weather channel web site again.

I was in the back yard with the dogs, having lunch. And suddenly they went crazy - exploding towards the fence in a furious frenzy of barking and flying legs! Ah, of course - it's a deer! Fortunately I had the camera with me, and I even had it turned on also. Can you see the deer?

From where Tawny is, look left along the ground by the fence and you can see the deer. It is on our back property but is not in the fenced part. Taz is in mid stride, taking a sharp left turn as he reaches the fence!!

A follow-up photo of Taz and Tawny barking at the deer (marked). Their barking spooked it and it turned around and returned in the direction that it had come from.

I did a panorama photo of the back yard so you can see how much snow has melted. It's a nice clear day so you can see the Gatineau Hills in the distance.

No comments: