Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wolves at the door


When Freda first let Taz out this morning, he started barking up a storm. We thought maybe he saw a deer. When we looked we saw a bush wolf closer than we had ever seen before. Look just above the arrows. They blend in well.

As we watched, the wolf trotted closer, perhaps intrigued by the sound of Taz's bark, and then stopped to sniff something on the ground.

I don't know how high bush wolves can jump, but it isn't unthinkable that they could jump our fence. Deer can, but they have much longer legs than wolves so I suspect they probably cant. I went outside to see if I could scare the wolf away, as they are afraid of people, beacause some have the "fire sticks".

As the wolf was trotting across the back, he stopped and took a "I'll remember you" look.

By the way, you can hear the wolves howling at the moon (or whatever they are howling at) every night, just step outside...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: