Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Day 237 - colds and wagers!

Hello again. I wasn't able to get out to the house today after work in time to take photos, as it was too dark. But I was able to see that great progress is happening. The plumbers are all a-plumbing, the electricians are all a-wiring. Well, not all the electricians -- Nick apparently looked like something the cat dragged in and the dog wouldn't eat (i.e. he was feeling very lousy!) so he went home. On the crew side, Sean is not feeling well either so may not be in tomorrow.

Today, Dave and I made a wager. Dave has said that he can have our house finished by the end of January, except perhaps for the trim out. So I wagered him $500 on this. I gave Dave 5:1 odds, so if he doesn't make it then he owes me $100. We would be very happy if we could move in at the end of January.

Fireplace... Dave framed the base and is framing the opening for the fireplace so it can be installed on Monday.

A couple of hiccups today...
Stone removal... Steve Berry was going to remove the stone last week, but that didn't happen, and then it was going to be on Monday and then Tuesday and then today. Well, the ground was so saturated with all the rain we got on Monday (40mm) that they were only able to get 6 loads out of there. At the other end, it was a disaster unloading it because it was so mucky. We will have to wait for the pile to drain a bit more before they can haul it away, and hopefully it won't freeze before then.

Plumbing... Charles asked me to arrange for the tubs and a toilet to be delivered. So I did arrange for the tubs and a toilet to be delivered. But we also need the waste and overflow for the tubs, as well as the control valves for the showers. But since those aren't the tubs, I didn't ask for them to be delivered. So I need to call the plumbing supply store tomorrow morning and get it sorted. They are not large items so I may need to pick them up myself and take them out to the house. This won't be a problem tomorrow.

No comments: