Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sore muscles

This morning I started throwing rocks into this trench to start filling it in. A light rain started after I was at it for about 30 minutes. I was at it for several hours, and stopped when the rain started to get heavier.

The trench was between 2 and 3 1/2 feet deep, but the average is about 3' deep. Compare this "after" picture with the "before" picture, below, which was taken last year.

Freda tried to help me with the rocks, but they were too heavy for her, so instead she did a whole bunch of cleanup. Going around the house with the wheelbarrow, and filling it with the various scraps of garbage that the trades drop everywhere.

Sorry I don't have a before and after picture of the yard, but trust me when I say that it looks a whole lot neater with the various bits of plastic, styrofoam, buckets, mesh, metal, etc, cleaned up. Awesome Freda!

No comments: