Monday, May 22, 2006

Critters & weather

This photo was taken on Thursday. The sky suddenly got very dark, the wind picked up and was followed a few minutes later by heavy rain.




This is the king of Mount Berry. He was trying, quite unsuccesfully I might add, to sun himself. This little critter is probably the reason why Tawny loves sniffing around the base of Mount Berry.


Helen and Steve and Alyssa stopped in on their way back from camp. Alyssa spotted three deer on the beach across the lake. By the time I got the camera out, they were heading back into the trees. Here, you can only see one on the beach and the back end of another. The picture is a bit washed out because the flash was turned on so it went off...


It was very cold today. The overnight low was forecast to be 5C and I believe it as we could see our breath this morning when we took Tawny for her walk. Freda wore her winter parka and I wore my tocque!


There are a pair of eagles that nest somewhere near here. They were flying around today, mostly gliding on the strong wind. This was the best photo I was able to get of them.

No comments: